There are certain expectations from international students as they look forward to going through a holistic experience with which they will embrace as visitors to South Africa. In coming here international students interact mainly with South African citizens without knowledge of diverse cultures that are in abundance from which they could learn, experience, and appreciate as a highlight of being in a foreign land. The objectives are as follows:
- Increased understanding of cultural/traditional norms and practices.
- Sharing of cultural experiences through social interaction.
- Display and demonstration of music, food, history, art, crafts and geography etc.
- Opening opportunities for local students to visit these countries.
- Giving foreign students the experience they could take home, acting as ambassadors of SA and enlighten others about what they learnt from their stay.