1. Do I need to have a passport?
    Yes, you need to have a passport in order to apply for the exchange programme.
    You can apply for one at your nearest Department of Home Affairs.

  2. How do I apply for my visa?
    As soon as you have been accepted by the host institution you need to start applying for your visa.
    You will find more information on this by visiting the website of the country you will be studying in.
    Please note that some countries require an on-line credit card payment

  3. Do I need health insurance when I am abroad?
    Yes. You need to clarify with the host institution if you need to purchase the health insurance directly from them or purchase it in South Africa before you leave.

Contact Webmaster | View the Promotion of Access to Information Act | View our Privacy Policy
© University of KwaZulu-Natal: All Rights Reserved